Saturday, October 06, 2007

The False Marathon !

Its a Saturday ! I ran a 4 KM Marathon today morning. It was refreshing :-). It was the first time I ran one. Got up at 5:30 am, boarded the company bus at 5:45 am and reached the venue at 6:00 am. On that part of the world, it looked like a peak hour of the day! People were full of energy, talking, laughing, warming up and enjoying. At that moment I forgot my sleeplessness and mingled into the crowd. The run started at 7:20 am. I was actually running for sometime but then felt tired and started walking fast and then just walk ! Again short spells of running, jogging and walking. Soon I saw a board saying 1 more km to go !!! I was confused, I was sure that I have not walked 3 KMS till now. After completing the run I was wondering it was really 4 km, I think it was less. The level of tiredness it gave me was less than the gym workout of 3 KMS. As per organisers we ran 4 KMS and that made us happy and pleased but somewhere I knew its less. Let me run on treadmill someday and check how much time i take to run 4 KMS.

Human psychology is easy to manipulate than human senses!

1 comment:

Venkat C said...

Wow.. 4 km is cool!! Keep it up, Neets !!!

Everybody is trying to make a difference, you are not alone