Saturday, June 30, 2007

Expectations

Its a dreaded word for those who have seen the darker side of it. I am one of them. I have many a times missed out on the expectations of my parents and my friends in particular.
I fail to judge sometimes what a person has in mind while saying something. It may be as simple as that I refused a lunch because I was not hungry, is it an offence ? I didn't think so but that person did and felt really bad. But do I deserve to listen to all the bad stuff that person said to me that I don't care, I don't bother, I am selfish etc etc.....
Its good to expect but not so much that it crushes the other person even if other person had no such intention. Expectations should be clubbed with intentions and then a judgement should be arrived at.
If the person had bad intentions and tried to hurt intentionally then it does call for some hot discussion but not otherwise. As friends we should trust each other so much that we can analyse other person's behaviour if he or she is not behaving in an expected manner.

Just getting angry, walking out, shouting does not help. That's not what a relationship is all about.

Nobody can be perfect in relationships. We keep learning through experiences but it really hurts when somebody close to you comes and blames you for something you never intended to. Lets be more reasonable!

3 comments:

Venkat C said...

I agree with you. You are super right.

Friends who wont question anything are rare!!!

Anonymous said...

Its not about hurting someone, its more or less about a threshhold that a person can bear... at time people do get clumsy but they do get back .. and what they need is just open hands... [:)]

Unknown said...

IMO, having expectations from one end is not a crime if the same is their from the other end. And the onus for keeping the relationship healthy lies on both ends.
Also, one has expectations from people which are considered close and not from the entire world.

Everybody is trying to make a difference, you are not alone